Under a data matching notice issued on 10 September, the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment will match data with the ATO to support the administration of the following measures:
• Supporting Apprentices and Trainees (SAT)
• Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements (BAC) and
• Australian Apprentice Wage Subsidy (AAWS)
• The objectives of the data matching program are to:
• confirm that the employer is eligible to receive SAT, BAC or AAWS;
validate information provided by the employer claiming SAT, BAC or AAWS; and
confirm that employers claiming either SAT, BAC or AAWS have not concurrently claimed and received (if payment data is available) the JobKeeper Payment or the JobMaker Hiring Credit with respect to the same employee.
The records of an estimated 500,000 apprentices and trainees will be captured by the data matching measure.
If you have received a notice from the ATO regarding your tax affairs or have concerns about potential mistakes in your tax reporting, contact us for a confidential consultation: